When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Friday, July 14, 2006

The flights are booked !!

I booked all my flights today - the flights for the girls and I to go to the Netherlands in August, and my solo flight to France in September. It feels great to have finally booked them - I feel a big step closer to the holidays now.

The girls are so excited about our trip to Holland. They can't wait to meet lessa and RB, who they've seen on web cam (and erm....they're REALLY anxious to meet the four legged residents too !!). They're also keen to meet DragonM Sir, who spoke to them on the phone while we were in Wales and kept teasing them about their mum driving on the wrong side of the road ! My older daughter in particular thinks that anyone who can persuade her Mum to go on a rollercoaster at the Efteling must be good !! (looks at Him and gets my redredred tshirt ready).

My daughters have already benefitted from my friendship with elle. As we've said before, she's like a second Mum to them. They pick up very quickly from me how I feel about people. They immediately knew that I thought a lot of elle and they bonded with her instantly. By the same token, they're smart enough to know when I don't feel comfortable with someone - whether because of instinct or past experience. It's no use me introducing them to someone and telling them this is a good person, this is a friend, if I'm then 'closed off' to the person in question. They can sense that I've put up a barrier for whatever reason. Children are so perceptive like that, and pick up extremely quickly whether someone is accepted. It wouldn't be fair to them to let them meet people as friends and then have me sit back and not interact - it would give off mixed signals and confuse them. Grins...ok..they may not know the nature of my friendships, but they know when people are my friends, or if I'm just pretending.

So...i think in August they'll be cuddling with lessa, playfighting with RB and chasing Dragon M Sir with pillows (oh please girls yes !!!). They'll be learning more Dutch, laughing at the Nederlands version of Coronation Street and realising just how steep Dutch stairs are !!!

But they'll be having so much fun - just like they do with our lovely elle - happy with Mum's friends, taking advantage of having people to gang up with against me, and enjoying time with a happy, relaxed Mum.

I, for one , can't wait.

kusssssssssss voor mijn lieve vriends.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11 comments:

lessa{D} said...

clare... hugsssssssssss and kisses... xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ohhhhhh I am just as excited as you are... gonna meet your 2 girls... and yes, the Efeling, Amsterdam and other places I'd like to show you... mmmm, can't wait... it will be so much fun to have the three of you here... poor DragonM is already regretting he can't be here all the time...

and then september... mmmmmmmmmm, really can't wait for that either... we are gonna have so much fun...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

teasemedenyme said...

*gets ready to climb into the suitcase*

lessa{D} said...

*orders an extra airbed so tease has a place to sleep*

lessa{D} said...

*leavs a big goodmorning kisssssssssssss for her sweet sis*

and grinnnnnnnnn a hug for your lovely ladies from me, kelsey and fleur...

lessa{D} said...

*little warning...

don't click those links above, pay sites...

clare said...

grins at lessa......consider them deleted

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lessa{D} said...

grinnnnnn, goodmorning my sweet sis... how are you doing...

knufffffffffffffffffffffffffff

clare said...

hugggs lessa-

Im hot and bothered already and its only 9am !!

kussssssss

lessa{D} said...

ohhhhhhhhh poor sis... I am soooooo sorry for you...

now I am home after a tough day... but it is behind me now...

kusssssssssssssssssssssssss

Anonymous said...

The flights are booked!

That looks to Me as done is done,ready!
But also knowing that both sides are very happy to see eachother again, and having a wonderfull vacation.
And knowing that Lessa is a great lady and allways have an open door for her friends,and try to show than paradise on earth.
And most of the time she make it :-) So , Angel and I wishing you all a very nice time.
Greetings and a big hug...Hans

clare said...

grins and huggs Hans

lessa is a lovely lady, and she's counting down to the holidays too I think!! We're all very excited about the holidays, my girls are jumping up and down about the Holland trip, and I'm jumping up and down about both !!

I love my kids being able to meet people that are important to me, as they've done with elle. I can't see them ever meeting Master though *grins.

Hans, I truly hope that I get to meet You and Angel again - its been six months since we met, I hope I see you both before another six months passes.

Huggs and very fond regards to you both
xxxxxxxxx