When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Return to normality....

Hubby went back to work today. It's hard to believe that its seven weeks tomorrow since he had his hip replacement.

I was worried about how we'd cope together - we knew it would be at least six weeks, nd we're not used to being together 24/7 like that. But I have to say, it's been great. We've got closer, we only had one argument in all that time, and we're far sronger for having been through it.

And I'll admit - I really, really missed him today.

We met with my daughter's school on Friday- and a breakthrough !! They're doing an enormous amount to get her the support she needs through her GCSEs this summer. The deputy head to whom I spoke actually gave me the answers that I've been trying to get for months. She was so happy as we left the school....she burst out crying.

And I'm currently planning my next visit with my friend.......I think it's going to be a lot different this time *smiles. My ass is still sore and bruised with lots of welts - I'm amazed that I can still feel it, I rarely get any 'memory pain' *grins. I have some beautiful pictures of our play session, but we're hoping to do more next time. We got so into the play that we forgot to actually take the photos !! We're planning on visiting a friend, so will be a lovely day trip, I get to take a picnic again (strawberries and cream have been requested!!) and we may be making a slight detour *weg.

Things are pretty much on an even keel right now, and I'm fervently hoping that it will stay that way for some time to come.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Tiggs said...

An even keel is indeed a very comforting thing... so glad you and hubby are doing so well, and are feeling closer than ever... sometimes missing someone is a very good thing indeed!

Those strawberries and cream sound sinfully delightful...

Paul said...

Clare, a lovely positive post, great.
Good news about your husband and your daughter..
Have a great time on your visit and have fun. *G*
Warm hugs,
Paul.