When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Changes....


NOT the kind of clothes I wear to my office job! But yes, I do wear pinstripes!!

I flopped down to go online for a short while yesterday after spending a few hours sorting through my wardrobes. I needed a rest - lol - I cleared out twelve bags of old clothes altogether !! I had a brief chat with M:e on IM about how we both found it easier now to throw things out - we had less inclination to hang onto things 'just in case'.

The clear out made me realise how much I've changed in some respects. My taste in clothes has changed beyond recognition in the past couple of years. My elder daughter will often see something in my wardrobe and say, 'hmmm.....that's not really you anymore is it Mum?'. The majority of my clothes used to make me blend in - become part of the background. I very rarely used to wear accessories because I deemed them a bit of a waste of time.

On Wednesday, my mother went shopping and bought me a top and jeans that she said were just my thing. Grins - she sees fantastic bargains when she's in Marks & Spencers !! When I saw them, I was quite surprised. A long baggy pink blouse ...did she really see me as wearing somthing like that ? But I realised that I had worn things like that for a long time, she just doesn't see me enough to know that I've changed, both in what I wear and in the way I am. For a long time I used to live in leggings and baggy t-shirts - I won't even wear them to go to bed in now !!

Last week at work, I was told by a colleague that I was in the male staff's 'top ten' of women at work that they'd like to ....er....*blushes*....get friendly with (and before ANYONE says it - no, thats NOT a top ten of only ten women, theres 62 women at work !!).After I dried up all the tears of laughter, picked myself off the floor and stopped hyperventilating he told me that its partly because of the way I dress and look, but partly because there's just 'something about me'. I'm fun, can talk about anything, they love the fact that I don't act differently with the men than the women. I don't put on an act. My colleague told me (with a twinkle in his eye) that I come across as someone who could be a very, very bad girl, and that's what the men love - they'd love to find out just how bad I can be. Grins....they have NO idea !!!

I'm not a small, thin woman by any stretch of the imagination ( and I have a good imagination). So it's lovely to hear this kind of comment, because as my friends know I've had enough negative comments about my size to last a lifetime.

Yes, I still have insecurities in my M/s life, that I generate myself, but in general my self confidence has soared. I'm a pretty strong, confident woman at work and a lot of that is thanks to my M/s life.

I do things now I never thought I'd do - fly to other countries on my own, take the kids abroad without my husband, I've just booked a private house in France for a weeks holiday with my husband and kids next year and am booking flights seperately- I'm not going on a 'safe' package holiday !! Dragon M Sir has said He'll let me practice driving His car to get used to driving on the wrong ......er I mean right side of the road. These are just a few of the things I now have the confidence to do.

Two weeks ago I was assaulted at work. A pupil kept slapping and punching me extremely viciously - I've had to report the assault and use several trees worth of paper to go through all the formalities. I've been told that if I proceed with all of this paperwork and get this boy - a strapping six footer - dealt with I'll probably get his gang of friends/monkeys to intimidate and threaten me.

But, I'm going ahead with it anyway. He will NOT get away with it. I'll see them on the corridors and I'll handle it. I won't let see how much he hurt me.

Now that's confidence.

xxxxxxxxxx

13 comments:

Tiggs said...

What's that line, "A change will do you good?" Damn, woman... you have sex and intrigue oozing from your every pore... how could those men feel any other way???

The transformation is awesome and ever so exciting!!! Sorry I've been away for a bit but too sick to blog-stroll. I've missed much here as elsewhere, I see.

So glad that you will soon be under Dragon's firm but ever loving hands... back in your rightful place! And to have the chance to spedn time and be with Lessa, well, I am indeed envious!

You are a blessed and lucky woman. I understand your walls, very, very well, and I, too, am learning a little at a time as to how best to keep them manageable.

But if you eve want another friend, Clare, I am here... and I'd love to hear from you off-blog perhaps even more than on. No, no perhaps about it!

Huggles,
Tiggs

clare said...

smiles...huggss Tiggr

DAMN you're good for my self esteem ! *grins

And yes, I'll be so glad to be back with Sir and lessa - they're wonderful people to know online, but a hundred times better in real (and yes, I'm biased *big grins). I miss them so much, just to be able to sit with His arms around me.....is worth a million online words. And lessa ? she's everything I could ask for.

You're more than welcome to have my yahell/msn contacts from lessa - would love to speak more with the lady who's brought my sister's bratty nature to the surface! *weg

xxxxxxx

lessa{D} said...

hey hey hey.... my bratty nature... that needs soooooooo much working on it still... DragonM's comment on friday evening and the results of kayley's quizz proof that... grinnnnnnnnnnnnn

but clare... I am counting down... and will give Tiggr your mail addy....

hugssssssssssssssssssssss

clare said...

grins at lessa- sweetheart, you have to develop your bratty nature enough for BOTH of us *grins, I just don't see myself as a brat - more the slightly cheeky at times kinda gal !

grins and hugggs my gorgeous sister
xxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

My fox, i love the way you evolve. The confidence, your clothes.. the sexy look... i really love those changes...

I am proud you decided to get the kid who attacked you...

And you are right... i cant imagine you being bratty.. britty is just way more your style... *grins*

DragonM

lessa{D} said...

lol Master... well, I love to see her britty anytime...

as long as it's no Britney... grinnnnnnnnnn

clare said...

Britney???

sings....

'Hit me Baby one more time !!'


....er, I mean, please Sir, girl would LOVE a little more play ??' *bats eyelashes*

kussssssssssssss and grins

lessa{D} said...

ROFL.... now I wanna see my sis singing...

love this...

clare said...

After due consideration and consultation with more informed sources ( winks at lessa) I hereby post a more politically...well....BDSM correct version of the song mentioned in my previous post....

' Please Sir could You possibly see Your way clear to hitting me one more time, or more if You so choose, in Your own good time and with whatever implement best suits You, my Beloved'

hmmmm.....not quite so catchy is it Britney ???

clare said...

erm...lessa?? you KNOW I don't do singing !!!

*hides from Dragon M Sir*

xxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

All i can say is it's wonderful to read how you grow! Go girl go! ;-D

sweet greetz from musi

lessa{D} said...

uhmmmmmmmm, yikes to the bdsm correct version.... I like Britney in this case... *VWEG*

*carefuly attracting DragonM's attention... look Master... clare wants to sing...

clare said...

grins at musi....amazing how a bit of love can help you grow isnt it? *hugs*

lessa????? gasps !!! I thought you were on my side !!!! Oh hang on, we're both on Sirs side arent we?

Bugger

*grins xxxxxxxxxxx