When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Sunday, October 08, 2006

A recipe....

I admit to being a painslut submissive who LOVES chains, beatings and hard play, but I have my sensitive side too ! *grins

I found this 'recipe' in a WI cookbook I love, for making jams, preserves and chutneys (can't you just see me in a frilly apron in the kitchen?).

I've had one of those days where I took something that someone said to heart, and upset myself about it for the majority of the day. I'm now concentrating on not letting this issue become 'another brick in the wall' (apologies to Pink Floyd) that I build to protect myself.

And this recipe seemed so, so perfect today.


Recipe for preserving friends

Select those with round hearts
Don't bruise with unfeeling words
Add a heartful of the milk of human kindness and plenty of tact
Warm with sympathy
Don't overheat or it may ferment mischief
Knead with oil of unselfishness but beware of jars
Keep in a warm corner of the heart

Years will improve the flavour of this preserve



I know I'm extremely lucky in my friends, they support, love and help me and I enjoy their company so much. I can't imagine not having them.

Thank you all so much.

By the way.....I also have some GREAT recipes for marmalade !!

xxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

lessa{D} said...

* kusssssssie voor zussie....

I love this recipe... even I can do this... *grin* and I am not like you a genius in the kitchen...

take care today, wish you would not go to work... I have a 9.10 docters appointment... so am gonna be a good girl and check out how I am doing first... (bring on those brownie points.... lol)

hugssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

clare said...

kussssss for you-

So glad you saw the doctor and physio sweetheart. LOADS of brownie points there!!

And I think you know the recipe for being a good friend off by heart.

huggsssssssssssssss