When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Still learning....

Wow...no posts for ages, then two in one day.

I mentioned in a previous post about my tendency to hide - to build my wall. This happened again this week, quite severely.

Different factors over a period of about a week had left me feeling vulnerable and pretty weak. Some problems were M/s related - but of my own making - others weren't. Job problems, kid stuff, an assault at work all added up to my feeling so low. It pretty much came to a head one night this week when in IM with Sir, I mentally shut Him out, basically not talking with Him and doing my hiding routine. I took down one of my postings from this blog, and actually tried to temporarily close it - not permanently because I have too many precious memories on here.

The next day I talked it over with lessa, trying to explain exactly why I'd reacted the way I had, also giving her a copy of the explanatory e-mail that I had sent to Sir. But, how do I explain something I don't understand myself??

In a previous M/s relationship, I felt able to share only the 'good' side of me. I tried not to show any problems, however sometimes not showing them caused more difficulties in the end. When I had issues, and insecurity problems, I would try to shut myself away from him until they were solved and then emerge, thus keeping the negative side hidden away.

Lessa pointed something out to me - that submission isn't just the fun stuff, it's letting Him see the bad stuff too. She also pointed out that I gave Him the right to see all of me not just the bits I chose to show when I gave Him my submission. Basically - my sister kicked my arse, and not gently.

My discussion with her led to us narrowing down one of my problems - I actually get quite scared at how intense my feelings are. I've only known Sir since January real time, and obviously this past few months have really been a whirlwind. My release, my holiday with Sir and lessa and my daughters in Holland, then my holiday with them in France. So a lot in a relatively short space of time. It sometimes seems difficult to justify such strong feelings for Him after such a short time. But......do I need to justify? And to whom? I find it hard to comprehend how I can feel so safe and secure with Him, and still doubt myself so much, or at least my ability to please Him, to be what/who He wants.

I sometimes get scared of hurting Sir, lessa and yes....of hurting myself. And occasionally my old 'lets hide and create a distance between us so I don't get too close and get hurt' routine seems such an easy solution. But as lessa pointed out (rather forcefully!) submission isn't meant to always be easy, and besides....we don't quit !!

So I will listen to my sister and my Sir. I'll buckle down and get through my 'rough patch' - He knows whats on my mind, and He's still on my side of my wall. He isn't going anywhere else, and I know that lessa is with Him.

No-one else will ever cause enough insecurity to threaten what Sir, lessa and I have - I'm the only one who can threaten it, through my own insecurities. So I need to get those under control. It will happen. It's just a matter of time.

In the past, I've often been told one thing and seen something entirely different.

I just have to remember that Dragon M Sir is NOT one of those who have done that to me - ever - so, as lessa said, why make Him pay the price?


kusssssssssssss Sir, kussssssssssssss lessa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have told you several times that whenever you build a wall, i will be on your side off the wall.. you should know by now that building walls is not the right solution to hide from me...

Last week you had a lot of problems and i can imagine that it isn't easy to take so much of my time to tell me all about those.. you know.. like you should not use my time with your problems...

But the problems are a part of you also....

I have seen all of you in France and the time we were there was fantastic... I also realize that real life now is different then those days in France... But you are still my fox as you were in France...

In a way i am proud of what my lessa did... she talked to you about it and made you realize that you have to change your way of thinking... I am proud but also a bit annoyed, cause it is not HER task, it's MY job... I am the one to kick your arse (I am not gently either *grins*)

Of course she can advice you to talk to me (as she often does) but that should be it...

She has learned a lot and she can handle most situations now in a way i would do it... but she is stil learning.. and so should you.. That's why i like the title of this blog.. :-)...

YOU also are still learning and you have a very good teacher, who loves you a lot...

I have seen in France what the 2 of you are capable of.. you both being like real sisters and me just there to guide you...

And that's how our relationship should be..

DragonM

Anonymous said...

hugsss....

No-one else will ever cause enough insecurity to threaten what Sir, lessa and I have - I'm the only one who can threaten it, through my own insecurities. So I need to get those under control. It will happen. It's just a matter of time..

This HAS to be the most positive statement you have ever made babes. You are right.... it isn't (and never was) possible for anyone else to destroy your relationships with others... only you are capable of that. When you truly start to believe in yourself...see all the things about you that others see... those insecurities will vanish. Its not about lists of achievements, just about knowing who you are and why you're worthy of those relationships.

In part I agree with DragonM that ultimately it is HIS job to be the one instrumental in changing your thinking on this.. he will have certain things he wishes you to do, or to think about which will help you. There is a part of me though that truly believes everyone who loves someone has their own part to play.... maybe more to listen, and challenge your thinking more than to advise, letting you see the things you need to talk to him about.

You know I have been where lessa is now...trying to help, trying to provide that challenge and yes, trying to encourage you to talk to your Master too. I believe in our case I got it wrong... wasn't sure enough of where the boundaries should lie. I have learned from that experience...I know you did too. I'm sure we are both putting those lessons to good use.

Its good to see how much you are growing... that you publicly work your way through a lot of this is a HUGE step !!

You can do this.... I have never doubted that.

love and hugs xx

lessa{D} said...

OK... after so many wise words just a few lines from me...

* hugs, kisses and cuddles her sis to pieces and then goes for the stuffings hugggggggg... love you....

* yes Master... I realize this is meant for both clare and me... I am not gonna kick my sis anymore... just hug the stuffings out of her....

love, lessa

clare said...

hugggs Sir-

You guide us and teach us beautifully. I know I'm a pain in the ass sometimes....but I do love You *smiles

I remember a long time ago I used to use cushions as a barrier between us - hugging a cushion, grabbing a cushion. Remember? *smiles. I used to think that would work in keeping my distance from You, but it never did. Building walls doesnt work either.

kusssssssssssssss

M:e-

Huggss - you supported me a lot, you always did. Now I have a much stronger framework to my submission, to my relationship with Sir, the support from a sister isn't what keeps the relationship going. It wasn't a case that 'you' got it wrong...we all did..it was the circumstances.

We did learn from our situation, very valuable lessons and yes - I'm putting them to good use. Sir is giving me the confidence to open up to Him and face my problems. And Im growing so much as a result.

huggs my lovely sister

kussssssssssss for lessa-

oh I love your stuffings huggsss ! You were there at the right time for me, and I needed my arse kicked. And yes, we've both listened to Him and taken what He's said on board.

And er.....lessa? I think He'll be doing to my arse in December, but not kicking it !! *grins

kusssssssssssssssssss to you all

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean clare.
I am also very good at building walls, after some experiences with not so good for me Dominants.
But my Master knows by now and He just climb over the walls to be at my site. ;-)

That you post this on your blog tells me that you are strong and secure enough to face it and share it with others.
You can be proud of yourself girl!

Sweet greetz from musi

clare said...

smiles and hugggs musi-

A lot of us are good at building walls. My past experience wasn't with a bad Dominant, far from it, he was very good - he just wasn't the Master that I needed. We each wanted different things, and now to accept that I can do the things I felt unable to do before can be hard.

Smiles....yes, Dragon M Sir is always on my side of the wall, along with lessa. As He says - I should learn that He will always be on this side.

And thats where I like Him.

xxxx