When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Saturday, September 23, 2006

A beautiful day....

Eleven years ago today I got married. It wasn't a huge wedding, as money was tight, but we were blessed with beautiful weather on the day.

As my friends know, I've had some really hard times in my marriage, and actually went through the process of filing for divorce. On our last anniversary we didn't even exchange cards because the day before I'd been at the solicitors. I still remember how awkward it was with people coming round giving us cards - we kept our problems hidden from most of our friends and family.

This year - we've worked hard to try to overcome our problems. We've listened to each other more and tried really hard. When m:e visited, she said that she could see the difference. We're making a conscious effort to make our marriage work. We do still love each other.

So, today, we exchanged cards and gifts. Tonight we're out at a friend's wedding reception, and will be the first time in ages that we've had a night out without the kids.

So Happy Anniversary to us....eleven years of marriage, nineteen years together. We're celebrating the fact that we love each other enough to keep on trying.

It's a beautiful day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is such a good post to read... sometimes nailing your colours to the mast so publicly are a strong indication that the position is much clearer inside your own head too.

have a wonderful day xxxxx

lessa{D} said...

here's a big hug and a big hurray to you my dear sis... I am so happy you both found that sparkle that was there and are cherrising it...

lots of love to you both...