When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Proud Mum again

I’m only working a half day at school today (big cheers of yessssss!!!!!!!!!!).

My thirteen year old daughter came home from school yesterday clutching a letter from her head teacher – the school has an Annual Achievement Day to celebrate personal successes throughout the school, and my daughter has apparently won one !!

We don’t know which one she’s won yet – we only find out at the ceremony. But I’m so proud of her, she deserves an award just for her positive thinking.

She also auditioned for the school pantomime this week. Last year she played the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz and was a huge hit – she has a talent for comedy! Elle came to see her one day, and was just as proud of her as I was. This year they’re doing Cinderella, and she’s hoping for the part of the wicked stepmother – they’ll assign parts at the end of the week. The school sells DVDs of the show, so I think that copies will find their way to Wales and Holland ! *grins

Such a proud Mum here !!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Update-


My beautiful daughter won FOUR awards-

Outstanding Contribution in Her Year
Outstanding Achievement (best in year) for English
Outstanding Achievement (best in year) for history
Outstanding Achievement and Development in BTEC Performing Arts

She was the best out of over one hundred and fifty students for eack of those awards - to my mind - she's the best in the whole damn school. *grins
xxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

lessa{D} said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, she's fantastic... I am sooooooooo proud to....

hugsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Anonymous said...

wow! fantastic! you must be soooo proud!!

welldone!!

Anonymous said...

what wonderful news... give her a huge hug from me.... xxxxx

clare said...

smiles....thank you all ladies

lessa, elle - you know how I feel about both of my babies, I'm absolutely over the moon, and so is she !!

kajira - thank you for visiting *smiles. I'm extremely proud. But I will point out that I work at my the school which is the direct 'opponent' of my daughter's school *grins. So when I went back to work wearing the other schools visitor badge and a big smile on my face, it didn't go down too well !!

xxxxx

lessa{D} said...

well.... did you celebrate yesterday evening...

hugssssssssssssssssssssssss

clare said...

grins.....she went out to her friends house last night, didnt get in again until bedtime !!!

will celebrate tonight - girls night in !!!

xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I can imagine that you're a proud mum. :-) It is so fantastic when your kids are doing well.

I wish you and your children a nice weekend clare...

sweet greets.

clare said...

smiles...thanks musi. They're all going to watch a football match this afternoon, and I'm going to have a lonnnnng soak in the bath!!

Then tonight its a party for me and my husband. Guess who'll be driving and not drinking? lol

xx