When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Monday, September 11, 2006

So proud....

My older daughter yesterday went to audition as a dancer in the local theatre's christmas pantomime.

She loves dancing. She's studying for a BTEC in performing arts, and dance is a major part of that. She's performed for local dignitaries, football clubs and other shows, and loved it all.

She spent four hours at the auditions, but sadly didnt get through. But I was so proud of her!! Her attitude before the auditions was one of 'well....I probably won't get through, but its good experience, and it will help me for any other auditions I go to'.

A friend of hers went to the same auditions and upon hearing she hadn't got through, stamped her feet and cried and sulked (so grown up for a thirteen year old). My daughter cuddled her and told her all about good experience, and how she should be proud that she had the confidence to go for the audition. Her friends mum just stood there staring at my girl, amazed at the wisdom coming forth !

I love that girl, and I'm so damn proud of her.

In case you hadn't noticed *grins.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

smiles.... she is SUCH a special girl...and is being brought up to believe that although success is good, its the trying which is the important thing. She's not the only one I'm proud of.

hugs x

clare said...

grins....hell - you made me blush !!

thank you, and love you
xxxxxxxx

lessa{D} said...

and here's number 3 who is so proud of that fantastic young lady... and her sweet mom ofcourse...

hugs for you both... and the little lady to...

clare said...

grins....oh my girls and I have such a fan club !!

kussssss for the lovely ladies