When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My little Star

My baby performed in her recorder festival last night - and she did sooo well !

Fifteen schools took part, and they were joined by an internationally famous recorder player/artist - it was sheer joy to see her so proud and happy on that stage.

But do you know what I admire most about her? Her patience. They had to practice for eight hours yesterday, and rehearse the show, and a lot of that time was actually just sitting there listening to the speeches, and to other schools performing. She did incredibly well, and I'm so proud of her.

Her mother, however, does not share that same patience. This past week, I've had so much going on real time, that I haven't had much time to think about my upcoming meet with my friend. But now....it's tomorrow!!

I have always got really nervous and excited before a meet - whether it's someone I belonged to, or a first meet. Even before going to a play party with a group of friends, including my Master or Mentor - friends have seen how incredibly nervous I get.

I think I'll clean the entire house today - just to get my mind off the meet !! I've already started packing my bag, and have a few more things to add to it.

Grins...wondering...should I pack the painkillers??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

Tiggs said...

Congrats for your bright little star... sounds like a wonderful evening for her and you and the family... isn't it fun to be so proud?

About your meeting, try to quiet yourself and know that whatever happens, you are open to the possibilities and the experience. You're gonna do fine... he's already interested and eager to play... no need to win him over or be something you aren't. Have fun!!!!

No need for painkillers, not if it's done right... that's what endorphins are for, lol!

Hugs,
Tiggs

Paul said...

Clare, congratulations on your daughters performance, isn't that feeling great.
Mel couldn't have children but I have three sets of greats and I also get that feeling while watching the little ones perform.
Your evening will go well, like Tiggr says.
Warm hugs,
Paul.