When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tired...

I'll admit to feeling tired lately. Looking after hubby, revising for my licensee training course this weekend, the usual family things, extra dance/exercise sessions....today I ended up in bed for quite a while as I think things had probably built up on me.

The ongoing fight with my daughter's school shows no signs of ending - it's given me such a mistrust of educational establishments and sometimes made me feel sick to the stomach.

On the bright side, next week I'm attending my younger daughter's first recorder festival. My older girl has done this for several years, but this will be my baby's debut *smile. Hubby goes to see his consultant on Tuesday when he will hopefully get good news about his hip - he's done so well in his recovery. He's currently walking about a mile, four times a day. Truly unbelievable.

And I also meet a friend next week for coffee and play. Someone I've known for a long time in our chatrooms, we've planned a meet...so definitely something to look forward to *smiles. And the day after our meet, I'm expected to 'sit down' for conferences with various members of management at my daughters review day !! For once, the pained expression on my face won't be at hearing their excuses - it will be from a sore ass!!! Ohhh..counting down the days ! *grins

xxxx

6 comments:

Tiggs said...

Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy... but it's certainly not all bad... meeting someone... how wonderful!!!! Hope all goes as purrfectly as you hope...

Hugs for you and your daughter at this tough time... and kudos to your hubby for his rapid healing... wow! That really is incredible.

Don't forget to find time for yourself along your journey, sweet Clare...

Love,
Tiggs

clare said...

hugggss Tiggr,

I'm finding time for myself - my elder daughter wakes me up in the morning with a coffee, and when she see's that I'm particulary tired, she'll run a hot bath for me, with my favourite Lush bubblies in t.....and MAKE me go and rest in it !!

Hubby had been remarkable in his recovery. But sometimes it's so damn hard to sit back and let him do things - he feels the need to push himself, and he hates not being able to help out around the house as much.

And yes - meeting someone else. Just play with a good friend, and knowing that's exactly what it is, not dressed up as anything else - is exactly what I need.

*smiles and huggsssss

lessa{D} said...

wowwwwwwwwww... 4 miles a day walking, so soon after his operation.. He's a hero!!!!!

And I am soooooo sure our little girl will do fantastic, she's born to be on a stage!!!! You will be proud, but I will be just as proud!!!!!

And excitement to come... tell me more, tell me more...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

clare said...

hugssss lessa -

my baby knows that her Dutch family will be just as proud of her as her UK family....and hopefully....she won't forget too many notes ! *grins

(and rest that ankle!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

And yes...excitement - but don't worry I'm playing safe - all safe calls etc and full details left in a safe place. He's a true gent....who just happens to have a truly sadistic side *smiles.

And he's a good friend.

kussssssssssss en knuffels

milla said...

Clare i finally wanted to comment on here after reading for a little while. Thanks for your down to earth attitude and joyously beautiful committment to your family and friends. I've greatly appreciated the insights into your life and, along with the ladies above, hope that you're taking enough time for yourself, AND that you enjoy the play! I'm in need of some myself, hehe.

--[milla]

clare said...

smiles...milla - thank you so much for commenting, it means the world that someone enjoys reading my thoughts. Huggsssss

My family are really important to me, none more so than my beautiful girls. And people who've known me for a while know the problems I had with my marriage, so the fact that we worked through problems and got to where we are makes me doubly grateful for him.

I'm taking time for myself...maybe not as much as I'd like, lol...but life goes in cycles doesn't it? This weekend I have really hard studying and exams to do, but I'll get through it *grins.

And getting back to see the lovely offlines that were left for me, and messages like yours brighten my day no end *smiles.

Thank you
xx