When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Learning Arabic....





....the dancing, not the language - also known as belly dancing *grins.

A while ago I had my first taste of arabic dancing, yesterday I had my second and enjoyed it just as much, if not more so.

I learnt a lot of moves and a whole routine - making damn sure that all the doors to the dance studio were closed so that my colleagues didn't see!!

I wore the most beautiful shimmy belt. A piece of velvet that you tie around your hips, its adorned with hundreds of tear shaped 'coins' that make a wonderful noise when you move your hips. And when you do the hip shimmy....wow !! It's very similar to the one in the picture above, but in a deep rich blue.

There are two more lessons this week, so I'll get to do a lot of practice - which is good because I have this strange feeling that I'll be required to dance in France !!

And er.....because I loved it and because I think I'll be performing for lessa and Evil Man ....I bought the shimmy belt !! *grins

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

9 comments:

teasemedenyme said...

ooooh.... wonderful...

now how much did that lovely shimmy belt cost? and do they have one to fit me??

clare said...

huggs tease-

It only cost fifteen pounds, it's one that the dance teacher brought back from holiday - and they fit all sizes.

She says that one of the best places to get them is actually ebay.

xxxx

lessa{D} said...

wowwwwwwwww clare... now I want my first lessons next week... bring the cd with music... when the girls are in bed... you can teach me... grinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

when I was really young I always wanted to learn this.... grin... you never know when you meet a Sheikh...

but I do wanna learn those moves...

kussssssssssssssssssssssss

Anonymous said...

Well I would be a nice idea to learn lessa some moves...
a very good idea...

Sheik DragonM

Anonymous said...

Just thinking... with 2 girls doing a bellydance, you could say i have my own harem.. *Grins*

Pity that i'm not in oil like the arabic....

well.. massage oil... it's a start...

DragonM

lessa{D} said...

*ok calming down from my laughing hiccups... clare... you ok ;-)

now must we get DragonM an arab shawl so he can dress like a sheikh... grinnnnnnnn

clare said...

laughing hard-

huggs the Sheik - massage oil? lessa and I get massages from You? That's so generous !!!

And while You're at it ......You can feed us peeled grapes and fan us with big palm leaves too *weg*

runnnssssssssss very quickly, laughing

kussssssssss

Anonymous said...

Watching clare run away....

Shouting from a distance "HEEEEE.. you dont think i will run after you with this grapes and palmleaves to give a massage, do you?"

*Grins*

clare said...

lmao !!!!

If You were really going to massage us, feed us grapes and and fan us with palmleaves, I wouldn't run away !!

Anyway...You know what I say about girls that run away......

*grins and kuss