When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Friday, January 26, 2007

Sleepless....

Since before Christmas, I've had problems sleeping, often only getting two or three hours a night. On the rare occasion that I can sleep....my husband is in so much pain with his leg that he keeps me awake.

I hadn't really intended going to the doctor about it until I was, er....persuaded what a good idea it would be. (I got the verbal equivalent of a raised eyebrow over the phone). But today's visit proved that visiting him was a waste of time - he barely looked at my notes, asked if I had problems in my life (no more than 90% of the rest of the population) and immediately prescribed anti depressants.

I'm not depressed !!!!!

My life is full, busy, complicated....yes, I have worries such as the upcoming operation, money and kids schooling, but nothing that would class as depression. I have a support network that anyone would be proud of to talk through problems with. No way would I class myself as depressed, and no way am I taking those tablets. I have one hell of a challenging twelve months coming up, and to my mind those tablets would only impede that.

So I'm going to try more conventional methods first. To start I'm going to get into the habit of getting off the computer at a reasonable hour (10 or 11pm at the latest) and having a warm bath to get me calmed down and rested. I'm hoping that if I'm on the pc later than that, that Sir will kick me off it ! *smiles.

This next twelve months I'm going to be doing several of the most difficult things you can do, all in one year. Moving house, new job, new schools, etc etc. I know that with Sir's support, and lessa's and M:e's......I'll be in a far stronger position.

And if all else fails to make me sleep......I can always ask for a flight to Amsterdam on the NHS. A play session with Sir always knocks me out for many, many hours !! *grins

kussssssssssssssssssssssss

7 comments:

lessa{D} said...

grinnnnnnnnn... now if you are getting flight prescriptions... straight to Rotterdam please... lol.. saves us a long drive and is much faster..

but I am really glad you don't take those pills.. you are not depressive... and those pills are bad bad bad .....

love..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

hugs.....I'm convinced everyone has moments like this in their lives, when there is so much going on that their brains just won't stop.

I think what you're suggesting here is very positive... a good bedtime routine, where your brain and body get a chance to quieten down before you even try to sleep. With everything you've got coming up this year, this could be so important for you if you're not to burn out.

DragonM....we're trusting you to look after clare and enforce this here....lessa and I are already tucked up in our own beds by then....lol

love and hugs babes....I really hope this works for you.

xxx

lessa{D} said...

grinnnnnnnnn M:e... we are the early risers to..lol...would that have anything to do with us being in bed so early... *winks*...

but yes... sounds like a great idea.. if DragonM ends the convo with 'and now to bed and sleep and dream naughty dreams' clare will have to follow that order... sleep and dreammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

well.. well.. what is there more to be said...

I am glad you are so wise not to take the pills. I love both solutions. To go to bed early and visit Holland... I will see to it you do both....

I have one extra option. That is for me to be soooooooo boring you would fall asleep...

Dont make me use the 3rd option.. *grins*

DragonM

clare said...

hugggsss M:e...thanks for your support....you know how I feel about taking tablets

lessa - big hugs and kisses, but hey !1 I have to be up at 6.30am too !! plus dealing with any night time visits from my baby girl ! *grins. And yesss....hearing Him tell me to go to bed and sexy dreams would be a hell of a way to end my day ! *weg

Sir - I can't imagine You being boring in a million years. And yes, both solutions sound wonderful to me too *weg*.

You all three know how I feel about tablets, and if I can avoid them I will. I need all my wits about me this coming year, and the people I know that are on anti depressants hate the side effects.

But having said that, I have a big advantage over all those people.

I have you three.

kussssssssssssssssssss

lessa{D} said...

hahahahahaha.. be sooooooo boring she'd fall asleep... mmmmm, I don't think so lol.... but it is a nice threat...

and grin clare... if he writes it in IM you'll have to listen and do it to... go to sleep and dream naughty dreams...

RB took those pills for a while.. I totally did not like the side effects.. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

kusssssssssssssssssssssss

clare said...

*reads back....

...hang on, 'don't make me be boring'...

You mean I could MAKE You do something Sir ??????

*weg and hides

xxxxxxxxxxx