When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Waiting....

My youngest daughter is, at this moment, doing her karate grading for her blue belt - I'm almost sick with worry. She, her sister amd Dad all studied karate for about three years, my older daughter gave it up this summer, but my baby is still doing it. She has been practising hard all week with her father, with any luck they'll both come home with blue belts. For my husband, I'm really nervous - he has to have a hip replacement within a couple of months so this will be his last attempt at a belt. For his pride's sake he wants to go out on a high.

My baby isn't really a good loser, if she doesn't get this blue belt she'll be so upset. She hasn't developed my older daughter's sense of well, at least I tried and it was a great experience. Then again, I don't suppose many seven year old have that yet.

So, I'm sitting here nervous as hell, waiting for them to come back. In thirty five minutes it will be over. I can't really go and watch her because we discovered that my presence at karate seems to put her into 'baby' and 'show off' mode, so I have to wait here ...SO hard !!

She deserves to pass for all the hard work she's put in, my husband certainly deserves it just for his don't give up attitude. It actually hurts me to see him practise because of the pain it causes him - his hip is pretty much worn away. If he considers carrying on training after today, I may have to turn Domme and bin his kit. It hurts seeing someone you love hurting so much.

So...fingers crosses that they'll pass. I know that they'll do their best, but I'm not sure how my youngest will handle it if she doesn't get that belt. I'm sure M:e remembers various displays of her 'inability to lose gracefully' *grins.

kusssssssssssssssss

UPDATE

They both got their blue belts!!!! I have a very tired and excited daughter and a very aching husband !! *grins

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Tiggs said...

Ohhh, best of luck and good wishes for both of them... my little guy is only a year odler than your baby! How exciting. He took karate for about six months... did very, very well... he hates to lose, too, but more than that, he likes to tell everyone else what to do and how to do it and definitely needs to be on the debate team asap! He's a little mini0Dom in the making... even likes whacking butts!

But again, I do hope for both their sakes (and yours, lol) that they come home with new blueness today! And best of luck to your hubby, too, with that hip surgery... painful yes, but the condition is even worse!

Huge hugs,
Tiggs

clare said...

hugggsss..thanks sweetheart. They did well...both getting their blue belts *big proud smile

I can just imagine your mini Dom....as I posted before, my youngest seems more on the submissive side, especially around Dragon M Sir !!

*whispers to tiggr......she calls him her big cuddly teddy bear !!!!!*

(hibernates for when Sir reads that !) lol

xxxxxxx

lessa{D} said...

congratulations... for both of them and you... tell our little princess that Fleur, Kelsey and me are soooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of her... she did great...

lots of love...

Anonymous said...

way to go lucy!!

xxx