When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Family time....

This past couple of weeks have been filled with family time - I've just come back from my 5th family party in two weeks. Lots of us have birthdays in December, plus we have christmas parties that we go to, so tomorrow is one of the few days where we're all at home, getting ready for Christmas Day.

Tomorrow, I'll be in the kitchen with the girls, preparing food for the big meal. Two different stuffings, bacon and sausage rolls, brandy butters, mince pies, sherry trifle.....the house will smell wonderful. I'll be in my element. Each of my girls has a particular 'speciality' in the kitchen, so that they can show off their contribution and be proud. My older daughter makes the most wonderful bacon and sausage rolls - my younger girl does the trifle !!

I'm lucky, I'll be sharing Christmas Day with my family, by which I don't just mean my husband and children. I also mean Sir, lessa and M:e. Because although they won't physically be with me - both of my sisters are, I believe, already with their families for the holiday - they're with me in my heart and mind. They're all a big part of my life, and never more so than on a day as special as Christmas Day.

I'll certainly be raising a glass of Bailey's to them on Christmas Day - and I'll look forward to sharing one with them in real.

All my love to them all.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean; my Master isn't with me, i can't speak with him till wednesday, but he is in my heart and thoughts indeed.

And i am so lucky to have happy days with my love (for 25 years now) and my 2 naughty boys...

Enjoy these days, i wish warm, sparkling Christmas days for you and your family with lots of love.

Sweet greetz, musi

clare said...

huggss musi-

They're always with us aren't they, in spirit....*smiles

Have a fantastic Christmas, and may you have a wonderful new year.

xxxxxxxxxxx

lessa{D} said...

my sweet sis... my laptop comes with me... even here...

so just to let you know I sure will be thinking of you and those 2 beautifull girls... and M:e and last but certainly not least DragonM...

I'll be toasting you all...

kusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Tiggs said...

Where's that Bailey's? I sure could use some to slow me down a bit these days... I'm ever so glad you're back and I've missed you bunches!

Love,
Tiggs

clare said...

huggggsss my sister....we were thinking of you sweetheart, kussssssss

hands you all a slice of Bailey's cheesecake.....grins....enjoy - I fought to stop my mother in law eating it all !! For a small woman, she can certainly eat !!

kussssss for lessa, huggs for musi, smooches for tiggr