When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Monday, December 11, 2006

Pride....

This is such a hard posting to write.

I have a stubborn streak. Yes, I know that those of you who know me will be extremely surprised at this news. I hide it well. We're not talking a huge stubborn streak, just a small one - about as wide as the Dartford Tunnel. Or the Channel Tunnel maybe. Well, part of submission is being strong enough to recognise your weaknesses, right?

I get pre-conceived ideas in my head, and once they're there, they're extremely hard to remove.

I had ideas - no, not ideas - beliefs - that I can't be this, I can't be that, I can't do this, I can't do that, about my submission. These beliefs nearly lost me DragonM Sir and lessa, because I wasn't prepared to try to see beyond what I believed.

Sir (and lessa - because it isn't just Him) have given me so much, and allowed me to give so much in return. And the giving is probably better than receiving. My best memories of us all include lessa and I kneeling for Him in France, and seeing His face when He opened His present last week. Priceless.

We've all had long, honest talks this past few days, and basically DragonM Sir and I talked tonight to decide whether we should carry on our relationship. Neither of us could see past the problem we were all facing, although neither of us wanted to lose something so precious, or lose someone we loved very much. And we do love each other - all of us.

Talking, and thinking, then more talking and even more thinking brought me to a conclusion. He loves me, controls me, teaches me, helps me, cares for me, plays with me, and allows me to give Him so much in return. It's all just wrapped up in a different parcel than I'd always envisaged, but He gives me everything I want and allows me to give what I need to give. It would be a massive, massive loss if my small stubborn streak meant that we'd lose all of that.

So I swallowed my pride. I asked Him to keep me. And you have noooooo idea how difficult that was. And He even made me apologise for swearing before He would answer me !! (points out that my stubborn streak is nowhere near as wide as His sadistic streak).

He agreed - that was what He wanted, but He needed me to understand things for myself. And no, it's not a life changing belief, and I'm not comprising myself just to keep Him. I'm opening my mind a bit wider, to try to fit in other possibilities.

Tiggr posted this to me on lessa's blog last week - I know enough of the Dragon to know instinctively that he can and will always provide effortlessly for what you most need... focus on his will, his goals, just trust in him, and in your love. You'll do just fine!. I've re-read that so many times this week.....and it's been just what I needed....thank you *kusssssss.

So huge hugs to Sir and lessa - may we all sleep better now. Thank you for your honesty and your love - it means the world to me.

I think I'll go to bed now.

kusssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

7 comments:

lessa{D} said...

I was already in bed when you and DragonM had that last talk... and I am sooooooo proud of all of us (almost said damn proud but that would be swearing to... grin)

I know this was hard... for you... for DragonM.. for me... and for those around us... (poor RB did not dare approach me whenever I was in chat with DragonM or you... grin)

I know that with everything clear now all 3 of us will know were we stand... and that's what was needed...

ik houd van jou...

kusssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Anonymous said...

Sends you the biggest M:e hug I can find.....cos yes, I know how hard this will have been to write.

All three of you know I will have been sat here holding my breath this past few days, praying you were not about to lose something which I know none of you wanted to lose.

You are so right about the strength of submission including recognising our weaknesses, and having the love, trust and faith to know those we submit to see them too. However, they also see our strengths, and the paths they lead us on reflect both. If DragonM had felt you were not strong enough to accept his will, the path he's chosen for all three of you, then I'm certain this would have been a very different posting.

Sometimes, as here, those paths may be different from those we had envisaged and then it takes even more faith to just accept, to truly trust we have nothing to fear but our own feelings.

We've talked a lot, though not as much recently, about how much you feel you are changing. This posting is the biggest indication yet of those changes, and so positive.

What you are able to give to those you love IS a wonderful gift babes, it really doesn't matter how its packaged, its still precious.

love and hugs xxx

Tiggs said...

Hmmm... this post made me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy. Good job, Clare, sweetie... am so very proud of you. If my words helped at all, it's only cause I've had those same doubts, and are having many of my own at this very moment... maybe I'd do more good to be talking to myself, repeating that mantra...

Love you!
Tiggs

clare said...

huggs lessa

My poor old mobile phone suffered - my throwing it across the room and breaking its aerial off didn't help its reception. Can't think why *smiles

M:e - after about 4 hours in chat today, I think the lines of communication between Stoke and the Land of Rain are much improved....conversation is flowing once again. hugggsssssssss

Tiggr - Ive copied your words onto a word document...I'll be looking at them a lot ....thank you for making me think so much. I hope they do you as much good as they did me.

Love you all
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lessa{D} said...

well I am happy it is not your dutch phone you threw... cause if you wouldn't answer my texts anymore I'd be very upset...

I am so happy you and M:e also talked.. and grin... Wals the Land of Rain... I am sure I did se sunshine there *sticks out her tongue and runs

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I know what you went thru today...

And when i look at this posting i find so many things in it, we talked about...

You know now how to make me proud...

DragonM

lessa{D} said...

*little message*

DragonM told me you have pc troubles... hope they are fixed asap....

kussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss