When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Friday, June 09, 2006

No Knickerbocker Glory.....

.........but, seeing as summer appears to have actually arrived in Staffordshire, last night I made Rum and Raisin ice cream, - best rum, plump raisins, fresh cream and custard- so I have that to look to tonight !!

ooohhhh..my 'new thing' this week - a new recipe, grilled wild salmon with a red wine sauce, served with baby jacket potatoes with sea salt. This from a girl who never cooks fish unless it's in batter !! *grins.

Although really, I've done two new things this week. Today, one of female sports teachers with whom I have an ongoing jokey friendship kept teasing me, calling me 'Mum' (don't ask !!!) so I gave her 'the look' that Mike does so well - she ran off down the corridor and I followed her ! (me + running = WHOLE new thing !)

We had fifty or sixty kids watching us chasing for 100 metres, cheering us on, until we got to the Head of Sport at the end of the corridor where she kept hiding behind him, sticking her tongue out at me. The kids loved it, the staff loved it, and it broke up a pretty tough day.

But I have to say, the funniest bit was the look on the staff's faces when we were walking back to the staff room, laughing, as they said.....

'WOW Clare........you can MOVE !!!!!!!!"

Always knew I was a fast woman *winks

xxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

lessa{D} said...

grinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn clare.. now I would have helped you... get that collegue... sticking her tongue out on a safe place.... that's simply not done.. lol..

kisssssssssssssssssssssss

teasemedenyme said...

sorry about the knickerbocker glory... but you should have seen the ice cream i had today... went with a friend for lunch... then on to another place for dessert...

the ice cream was this: three scoops of vanilla and three scoops of chocolate, on a jumble of chocolate brownie pieces, covered in milky-stars, white malteasers, strawberries, cream and chocolate sauce, and topped with a wagon wheel and a couple of wafer rolls...

came with two spoons of course... could only manage one each if we didn't have lunch first!!

.... that's next time...

lessa{D} said...

gooooooooooooooooooodmorning clare...

sun is shining.. wake up and rise... now it is that you can't take it with you on the plane.. or I would very nicely ask you to bring that ice in august.. grinnnnnnnnnnn

sound yummieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

clare said...

grins at kd....next time you come over, I'll make sure I make you ice cream. I'll even try to find a recipe for an ice with beer in it for Fian !xxx

lessa - if there's a freezer in France, I'll make it there - laughs - I'll even bring my own rum !! And an absolutely beautiful day here too, sun is shining, kids are arguing *grins

xxxxxxx

clare said...

tease -

how the HELL did you manage to eat that ?? *grins

xxxxxx

lessa{D} said...

clare... that will be great.. yummieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kussssssssssssssssssssssss

NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

[]

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Unique cruises adult Soccer blowjob Drug interaction protonix compactflash to ide portable sauna australia andnot infrared Universal lamborghini door kits Paddle tennis rules American cosmetics Exercise to fight cellulitis original games cracked