When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Communication....

My husband went to the pub last night on his usual Friday night out with the lads, for the last time before his operation. Me being me, I didn't go to bed until I'd seen him walking down the street on his way back home. And then slipping into bed and 'playing dead' because it wouldn't do for him to know I was concerned enough about him to stand at my bedroom window needing to know that he was safe before I could go to sleep, now would it? *smiles

Sometimes, it really hits me how bad his walking is because of his hip. Last night was one of those times. I really can't describe actually here how he walks.....maybe saying that his limp can be so bad that it looks like one leg is 6 inches shorter than the other. The consultant last week told him that his hip is basically shattered - that he must have an incredible pain threshold to be able to actually walk. His reply? 'Thank god it's not my wife - she can't take pain at all.'

*speechless!*


We've had big problems in the past, nearly ending in divorce, but we won through. We found ways to communicate with each other, taking into account how different we are in this. Communication is also a major issue in my BDSM relationship, but Sir and I have overcome many of my insecurities in being able to talk about things that trouble me. I can now tell him why I react to a certain issue, what I think lies behind it and why it upsets me/frustrates me/why I avoid a certain type of 'play' like the plague. And it still amazes me that I can do this.

We've found what works for us - it doesn't mean that is right for us is right for everyone.

This next couple of months are going to be hard in many ways - my husband healing, in physio, trying to work from home. I won't get the contact I usually get with Sir because I won't be available as much - my husband needs me, and I'll be there. And Sir wouldn't expect anything less from me - to be there for my family. We'll still talk, and text, and IM, and use our established ways of communicating - just not so often. And having my hubby in the house 24/7 for at least six weeks means no 'play' for that long !! *sobs*

But...it doesn't change things with Sir and I. He's still me Sir, I'm still His fox. Less contact doesn't mean less submission. I'm His fox 24/7, regardless of what I'm doing, whether I'm in sweet agony from tacks in my bra or driving my husband to phsyio.

To all of us - lessa, Sir and myself - family is so important. We love the way that Sir is with His family, it's part of what makes Him so special. And the same applies in reverse. He loves how lessa is with her family, with the recent wonderful new addition to the clan. And He loves my relationship with my kids, and knows that I will look after my husband totally while he's recovering.

He wouldn't expect any less from His slave or His fox. It's part of who we are.

And He loves every part *smiles.

kussssssssssss

4 comments:

lessa{D} said...

grinnnnnnnn, you can't take pain..... well then what did I see..lol..

hugssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Paul said...

Clare, I hope that your husband's op is fully successful and his physio goes well.
Sorry that it's taken me so long to comment.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

clare said...

huggs lessa - I remember two other people at the party in Holland who were shocked at the level of pain play, lol. Kussssssssss for my sis.

Paul - no need to apologise at all. All visitors are welcome, and I appreciate the time you took to comment *hugs.

rossmorgan689 said...

Hey there, I’m Ross. I’m a software engineer living in 4361 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ 07305, USA. I am a fan of web development. I’m also interested in Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media.
Mcafee.com/activate
Mcafee.com/activate
Webroot login
Office.com/setup