When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ice and Fire


This beautiful picture from Artnam is called 'Ice and Fire' - its a celebration of how two extremes can co-exist.

That feels very much like me at the moment. I'm happily looking after my husband, nursing him, taking care of the kids. At the same time I often think of my submission, play with Sir, and time with Sir just chatting. I obviously look forward to being with him again, but there's no resentment about having to take care of my 'vanilla' issues.

All of us are more than just a label...I'm not 'just a subbie' or 'just a wife' to the exclusion of all else. I'm both of those things, and more.

Ice and fire - in one package.

And each one makes the other even more beautiful.

kussssssssssssssssssssssssssss

1 comment:

Paul said...

Clare, of course none of us is a label, many of us are different things to different people.
That's an interesting picture to illustrate an interesting post.
I hope that your hubby continues to improve.
Warm hugs,
Paul.