When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Learning....

Tomorrow my husband goes in for his pre-op check-ups, four hours of being probed, poked and prodded to make sure he's fit enough for his surgery. Then next Wednesday, Valentine's Day, he has the hip replacement that he's been so desperate for. I can't emphasise enough how much pain this bad hip has caused him, and he's only 44.

Today we ran through things that I'll have to do while he's incapacitated. Things that I know a lot of women already do, but always taken care of certain things, I've taken care of others. So he's got to show me how to check oil levels on the cars each week, do the tyres, how to work our electricity boxes in case fuses blow, etc etc. So, as a silver cloud to him being away from us for a week in hospital, I'll have new skills !

We've agreed that I won't go to see him the day of the operation. When he had a cruciate ligament op several years ago, the private hospital allowed me in to see him a few hours after the op, and I wished to god they hadn't. He was in so much pain, hardly coherent and writhing around begging for pain killers. After I left, I drove straight to my mum's, handed my then baby/now 13 year old to my sister, walked into the kitchen to my mum and just burst out crying. It was horrible to see someone I loved in so much pain. So he's has asked me not to visit that first day - he doesn't want to run the risk of me seeing him like that again. For a non-Dom, he's sometimes so bloody bossy !!

On the bright side - today in my never ending task to find something that my younger daughter will eat apart from chocolate spread sandwiches, she's discovered a liking for home made rice pudding !! I watched in glee as she ate a huge bowl of it, thinking, 'yes!! calcium !!' So I think I'll be making a few more batches of that !

I made pancakes afterwards, and left a plate of them for my two girls while I went to sort out laundry. I came back still enjoying the smug feeling of getting disguised milk into my baby, when I saw what she'd done with her pancakes.

'Look Mummy !! I put chocolate spread on them !'

Sighs. Oh well.

My older daughter (thanks to a certain person in Wales who gave her bacon pancakes but who shall remain nameless) loves having savoury pancakes. So what did she put on hers?? Barbeque sauce !.

I might start telling them DragonM Sir loves 5 pieces of fruit, a pint of milk, and 2 low fat chicken breasts every day. They're both so convinced that He's wonderful (and they're right), that might just do the trick!!

Chocolate spread pancake anyone??

kussssssssssssssss

6 comments:

lessa{D} said...

grinnnnnnnn, I like my pancakes with cheese... lots of cheese... and RB wants his with brown sugar... lol...

but I think it is wise not to go to the hospital that day of the surgery... when my dad had his heart operation I saw him the next day.. and after hearing my mom's and bro's story I am still glad I did not see him after the operation (only 2 were allowed that day...)

and DragonM drinking milk.. grin.. in his coffee.. but other then that..lol... and we can't have them drinking his and M:e's favorite drink.. they are to young for whiskey..lol...

anyway.. whenever you need advice about tyres or energy things.. call here... and ask for RB... ;-)

kussssssssssssssssss

clare said...

grins and huggsss my sis

I always prefer my pancakes with lemon juice and sugar, lol.

And I think if I told my little one that DragonM Sir ate dog food twice a week, she'd give it a go - He's her favourite knuffel beer !!! She thinks He could walk on water, lol

And thank you - I know RB is there for me just as much as you are.

big kusssssssssssss

lessa{D} said...

grinnnnnnnnnnnn, I can assure you he never eats dogfood... lol... and telling that to those poor girls... well I will just have to invite them overhere... *winks*

but uhmmmm, he does love quiche and lasagna... you can tell them that... grinnnnnnnn.. and he loved the chicken you made in france...

kusssssssssssssssssssssssss

clare said...

ohh invite them !! I'll just have to come too to chaperone them !! *weg

kussssssssssssssssssssss

clare said...

update - my hubby got back from the hospital...all pre op checks ok.

THANK GOD !!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

lessa{D} said...

OK.. I am soooooooo very happy about that... :-)

now he and you can really count down...

kusssssssssssssssssssss