When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Breakthrough


My friends know how I've been working on getting pub experience with a view to having my own pub in the next 12 - 18 months. Finally...a breakthrough ! *smiles

I'm proud to announce......*grins....hubby and I are both doing our personal licence training at the end of March, and I'm now booked in for interviews with the major pub companies - as a pub manager.

I'll do my training on site in a training pub, and get paid whilst doing so, then will be able to move into my own pub - a timescale of about 6 months has been suggested.

If you know me - the you'll know how much I want this. It's something I've wanted for a very long time and will solve lots of problems too, including the chance to get my daughters into new schools.

My husband will keep his current job, and I'll run the pub. It will be a hard slog, its not an easy job and I'm aware of how hard I'll have to work.

It finally feels like I'm getting somewhere...I'm absolutely over the moon.

kusssssssssssssssssssssssssss

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!

Absolutely fantastic news babes. You've talked about this being one of your dreams ever since I've known you. You must both be so thrilled.

The first step on the road to the future you've dreamt about.

love and hugs xxx

Paul said...

Clare, wish you great success, you appear to know what you are taking on.
Best of luck.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

clare said...

hugggsss M:e...I'm one very happy girl !! I passed all the initial interviews etc, and am now anxious to get the training done, then I'll interview for various pubs. And yes...I've wanted this for a very, very long time.

Paul - thank you !! It will be hard work....but so worth it .

huggssss

lessa{D} said...

ohhhhhhhhh, this is great news... I am soooooooo happy for you and so very proud...

I know you will do great, and you both doing the licence training is fantastic...

I am looking forward to the day you are gonna mix me a yummie cocktail *winks*

kussssssssssssssss

clare said...

grins at lessa.....sex on the beach ?????

kussssssssssss

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you... Getting your own pub was on your wishing list...

A big amile over here..

DragonM

Tiggs said...

Congrats sweetie... I know how much you've wanted this, and for how long, and I am THRILLED for you *bouncing up and down and doing a silly happy dance*

Huge hugs and much love,
Tiggs

clare said...

hugggss Tiggr -

Yep, I've wanted it for a long time - and I've had a fair few setbacks on the way.

*wonders if we can get the customers to pay to see a Tiggr happy dance

grins

xxxxxxxxxxx

lessa{D} said...

ok.. we are safe back home... had a wonderfull weekend... and I am sooooooooo tired...

and uhmmm, I'd pay for that happy tiggr dance... grinnnnnnnnnnnnn

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx