When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Monday, February 26, 2007

Domestication

Just lately, I've been on my knees for my husband (tying his shoelaces, washing his feet), serving him meals, fetching, carrying, generally doing anything I can to make his life easier. And he loves it ! *grins

But he'd give all of it up in an instant just to be able to do things for himself. He's really independant, so to have to rely on someone else to do day to day things really grates on him at times. Little things like not being able to take a plate out after he's eaten.

One thing he's really enjoyed though, is the proliferation of baked goods around at the moment. I love baking, and because of how many visitors we're receiving right now, I normally have at least two different kinds of cakes available. Apple crumble sponge, double chocolate muffins, walnut brownies, lemon sponge cake, date and walnut loaf......the man is in heaven !! And so am I....being able to lose myself in my baking, music on full blast (Blame it on the Boogie and Van der Valk are still hot favourites!) and dance away in my kitchen is great. Ohhhh I'm so domesticated ! *grins

I've decided to carry on my blog even though the D/s aspect will from now be pretty much drastically reduced ! I've used my blog in the past as a way to let my friends know how I'm going on, and to let off steam if things annoy me. Even though I'm young, free and single (ok, BDSM wise anyway !) I'm still part of the BDSM world, and still have my opinions about many, many things.

I spoke to someone at the weekend, a friend with whom I've been through a hell of a lot. In the past we've been ready to kill each other, love each other, hang each other off a cliff, and we've laughed and cried together. She tried to slam it into my head that although friendships change, it doesn't necessarily make them 'worse'. Just different. After all we've been through, misunderstandings, my screw ups, the lot, she's still the one I feel the 'need' for when I'm in over my head. The one I can trust to tell me the truth I need, whether I want it or not. And she's the one who makes me question myself when I decide to withdraw from my real life friends mainly because of what online people may think or post about me. Who matters more - the people who know me, or the people who'd like to think they do?

I want to get back to that with lessa. Being able to tell each other anything without hiding, and being able to slap each other upside the head when we're being stupid. M:e and I often talk about our joint time with MP, and about what they're doing now. He's a good friend, and we never avoid talking about him, because there's no need. And I tease the crap out of him in the chatroom we go to ! *weg. And he's just as bad, often bringing up the subject of a certain nosy hotel manager in Sidmouth *groans

Lessa and I will get back to that stage. At the moment it feels awkward, but at some point we'll be making fun of him and worrying about him working too much. We lost a lot of our 'sister' relationship lately, and now I've decided not to hide away I'm going to put the time in to try to get that back. Lessa means the absolute world to me.

Anyone who doesn't know me real time, and is thinking of posting detrimental comments about any of us without knowing each and every side of our relationship - don't bother. People who have never met me , and who judge me, can quite frankly go to hell. Even M:e, who knows me better than anyone, doesn't know everything that happened with lessa, DragonM and myself so other people don't stand a cat's chance in hell.

I'm here, my blog's here, and we're staying.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a batch of lemon drizzle cake needing my attention *winks

kussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hugs... you'll understand how pleased I am to see such a positive posting after all our talks this weekend.

I have always been someone who has a circle of close friends, but never a 'best friend'. Every relationship evolves, and each friendship is important however it is defined. The friendship between you and I has changed and almost disappeared several times since we first met, but here we are, still in each others lives.

You are right we occasionally reminisce about the past, although it took us a long time to be able to feel comfortable doing so ...in the beginning there was far too much raw emotion, and only a little distance from that aspect of our lives allowed things to settle down.

While I enjoy those occasional trips down memory lane, what is much more important to me is where you and I are now... the present and the future.

I'm not sure we share everything about each other these days either (do friends ever really do that I wonder). Like you say, for as much as you, lessa and DragonM shared with me about your relationships, I didn't know it all, and wouldn't have wanted to....some things should remain private. For me what is important is that we have the friendships which are right for us, and share those aspects of each others lives we want and need to share.

You know how much I wish you and lessa will find a way back to a genuine friendship which is right for you both. Anything I can ever do to help that process along will always be available to you both.

I have semi-teased you all that I know I am not always the easiest of friends to have... precisely because I will always be (sometimes brutally) honest with you all, but I could not live with being any other way. Even M has to deal with that side of me....smiles.

My wish for all of us now is to draw a line under the past, and move forward to a bright future.

love and hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi clare

I'm following you for some time now. (knowing lesssa too)
When I read this posting I smiled and immmediatly thought she must be glowing because she can live out some of her wants as a sub now with youre husband ;-)
And its good to read that you see this as a growing stage, not losing any friends :-)

Good luck in being young free and single ;-p

Mr Sator

lessa{D} said...

ohhhh clare.. first a huge huggggggg and then a promiss... you will never have to go on your knees for me... I prefer to hug you standing or sitting *winks*

but I am sooooo proud of you... and yes, it might not be the same.. but it might also be even better... different is not always worse... and we don't know... I wished for a mirror to look into the future when I wasn younger... but never got it.. so I don't know... I do know I love you... very very much...

so take care of that demanding hubby... and hug the girls for me... and a huge hug to you....

love,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

lessa{D} said...

*stashing a pile of hugs*....

when you have the time between all those visits and taking care of your hubby you can pick them up...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

clare said...

smiles and huggss lessa - will keep a few hugs handy for when I need them.

ty sweetheart

kusssssssssssssss

clare said...

Smiles...thanks for visiting Mr Sator. New friends are always welcome.

DragonM and lessa have been very special people in my life, and I'm sure they'll continue to be so.

hugs