When I'm good I'm very, very good - when I'm bad I'm better! - Mae West

Friday, February 09, 2007

Play....

OK... a subject that I think all my friends and I have mentioned at some point or other on our blogs and in conversation -

Can we please find another word for play??

Play makes me think of it as something lighthearted, meaningless...something taken lightly. Don't get me wrong, play with Sir often incorporates fun, and laughing, as with most Doms I've heard of/experienced. But to me, play is more about the submission, pleasing him, feeling really close. A beautiful part of a relationship. The word play doesn't really do it for me.

There must be alternatives??

xxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

subkitten said...

I always like to call it 'use'. 'Play' or 'toy' just seem to be, as you say, too light-hearted.

There may be all sorts of emotions involved, but when you get down to it, your domly one is simply using you and you are being useful, serving a purpose.

k (subtle-slavegirl)

Anonymous said...

How about "quality time?"

I love to think of it as quality time... because it is.

Maybe it should be 'high quality time' instead.

lessa{D} said...

grinnnnnnnn... I've been thinking about this for years now... I have some kind of dutch solution... but that's a bit to long... and not easy to translate... lol...

use is not the word for me... that would feel like it's one way only, and we both enjoy it...

quality time... that it sure is... always quality time... but so is walking hand in hand through a beautifull chateaux in France...

when I think of it in dutch to me it is 'diep gaan' and grin, you can not translate that as going deep.. it means more..

love and a big kusssssssssssss

clare said...

hey k *smiles

Yesss, it's use by the Dom, and I love the fact that him using me is incorporated into the whole 'two way street' point. Becuase I get one hell of a lot of pleasure out of it too. Huggsss

Quality time works - thank you *smiles. And it's always high quality time *grins.

kussss for my sister. I daren't even ASK about the full Dutch translation !!! *grins

Yes, every part of a relationship is usually quality time - even sorting through problems makes the relationship stronger. And things like our visit to that beautiful french restaurant last September were definitely quality time.

I really, truly can't find a word to describe 'play'....something so intense, so incredible, and so intimate. Oh yeah...and something often so damn painful !! *smiles

kussss for all